Prerequistes for self hosting
We recommend a machine with atleast 4GB of RAM.
- Setup a Firewall - Allow only ssh, http and https ports on your server. There is a very nice guide HERE
- Install docker on the machine you want to host by following the official documentation.
- Setup your DNS pointing to your machine. For Ex. If you want to run the recorder at recorder.myapp.com you need to point the corresponding DNS entries using admin console of your DNS provider to the IP of the machine. While it is possible to host without a domain name with just the IP it is recommended to have a domain.
- Although optional it is HIGHLY recommended to always host the app over https and hence you will need a SSL certificate for your domain you configured earlier.
- Get an Access Key which will be used to download the docker image during the installation and also for auto updates.
Continue to Configuration File
If you need any help please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com.